Dr. David Price is Professor and Chair of the Department of Family Medicine at McMaster University, and has been Chief of Family Medicine at Hamilton Health Sciences since 2004. He has been a physician for over 25 years, practicing comprehensive family medicine.
He was the Provincial Primary Care Lead and also the Chair of the Provincial Expert Advisory Panel on Primary Care (2013-2014) and is currently a Primary Health Care Medical Consultant with the Ministry. He has considerable interest and experience in primary care reform and healthcare policy development not only through his leadership roles at the University and Hospital, but also through his involvement with local, regional and provincial government bodies where he acts as a consultant and advisor.
Locally, he was the founding director of the Maternity Centre of Hamilton; a multidisciplinary centre that cares for prenatal and intrapartum patients. Dr. Price was also instrumental in helping to create the academic Family Health Team at McMaster University, an interprofessional team, currently serving over 35,000 patients in the Hamilton area. He was a key player in the development of the David Braley Health Sciences Centre in downtown Hamilton.
Dr. Price’s recent piece in Centre for Effective Practice 2016-17 Yearbook (Page 4) focuses on the development of meaningful resources and interventions to support primary care providers in their practices.
Publications Toggle Publications
- Title:Date of Publication:February 2018Volume:5Issue:48
- Title:Date of Publication:February 2017Volume:3Issue:5
- Date of Publication:May 2016Volume:62Issue:5Pages:381–384
- Title:Date of Publication:January 1st, 2014Volume:60Issue:1Pages:e7-e15
- Title:Date of Publication:November 2013Volume:59Issue:11Pages:1145–1147
- Title:Date of Publication:2009Volume:339Pages:b3490
- Title:Date of Publication:September 2009Volume:55Issue:9Pages:901-1.e1-5
- Title:Date of Publication:December 2006Volume:28Issue:12Pages:1083–1088
- Title:Date of Publication:January 1st, 2005Volume:51Issue:1Pages:68-74