Meredith Vanstone PhD
Meredith is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine, Senior Scientist in the Program for Educational Research and Development, and a member of the Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis. Meredith is an interdisciplinary researcher who uses qualitative approaches to examine social and ethical issues related to health professional practice, education and health policy. She is particularly interested in research related to reproduction, women’s health, and marginalized patient populations. Meredith teaches qualitative research methods and social theory for the Master’s of Health Science Education and Health Policy PhD programs.
Meredith has a PhD in Health Professional Education from Western University, and has completed postdoctoral studies in Health Policy at McMaster University. She has provided social and ethics evidence and consulting to provincial, national, and international health policy decision-makers.
Meredith is available to supervise graduate students with relevant research interests in the following McMaster graduate programs: Health Policy (PhD), Health Research Methodology (MSc, PhD), Health Science Education (MHSEd).
Grants Toggle Grants
- Project:Agency:Michael G DeGroote School of Medicine Undergraduate MD programYear(s):2016 - 2018Grant Amount:$10,000
- Project:Agency:Michael G DeGroote Health Leadership AcademyYear(s):2016 - 2018Grant Amount:$20,000
- Agency:Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine Undergraduate MD programYear(s):2016Grant Amount:$5,000
- Agency:Canadian Association of Medical Educators Wooster Family EducationYear(s):2016Grant Amount:$3,650
- Project:Agency:CIHR, Transitional Open Operating GrantYear(s):2015 - 2018Grant Amount:$536,094
- Project:Agency:Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Medical Education Research GrantYear(s):2014 - 2017Grant Amount:$49,020
- Project:Agency:CIHR, Ethics Catalyst GrantYear(s):2014 - 2019Grant Amount:$98,293
Publications Toggle Publications
- Date of Publication:November 24, 2016 Epub ahead of print
- Title:Date of Publication:September 2017Volume:13Issue:3
- Title:Date of Publication:October 2017
- Title:Date of Publication:May 2017
- Title:Date of Publication:August 2015Volume:25Issue:8Pages:1069–1084
- Date of Publication:March 2015Volume:6Issue:1Pages:54–67
- Date of Publication:June 2014Volume:36Issue:6Pages:515–526
- Date of Publication:2014Volume:2Issue:1
- Date of Publication:October 2014Volume:19Issue:4Pages:529–539