Dr. Heather Waters is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at McMaster University since 2000.
Dr. Waters is the Hamilton Site Director for the Postgraduate Education Program, where she is responsible for the educational experience of Hamilton-based residents across all rotations. As a member of the impressive McMaster Family Health Team, Dr. Waters is actively involved in inter-professional education and practice at Stonechurch Family Health Centre with nurse practitioners, social workers, dieticians, occupational therapists, pharmacists, physician assistants, and psychiatrists.
Dr. Waters practices obstetrics at The Maternity Centre of Hamilton, an inter-professional team providing full obstetrical care to women and their families, with special expertise in the care of vulnerable populations. She is a Family Medicine Core Team Leader for the MORE-OB program at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton, working collaboratively with colleagues in obstetrics, paediatrics, midwifery and nursing.
Dr. Waters has a keen interest in medical education, and enjoys teaching and curriculum development at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. She is a longstanding facilitator in the Practice-based Small Group Learning Program (PBSG) for both peer and resident groups. She tutors family medicine residents in the Mental Health Behavioural Sciences Program, collaborating with social work and psychiatry. She has been a Co-Planner for the Communication Skills Curriculum in Professional Competencies, a component of McMaster’s Undergraduate Medical Program.
Publications Toggle Publications
- Title:Date of Publication:January 2008Volume:30Issue:1Pages:38–43
- Date of Publication:May 2008Volume:54Issue:5Pages:722–729
- Title:Date of Publication:December 2006Volume:28Issue:12Pages:1083–1088
- Title:Date of Publication:January 1st, 2005Volume:51Issue:1Pages:68-74
- Date of Publication:March 1999Volume:45Pages:633–634
- Title:Date of Publication:May 1996Volume:8Issue:2Pages:115–121
- Title:Date of Publication:2005Volume:25Pages:8