David Braley Health Sciences Centre, McMaster University100 Main Street West
Hamilton, ON, L8P 1H6 Directions
The Hamilton site consists of three separate teaching units: McMaster Family Practice, Stonechurch Family Health Centre, and Community-based Residency Teaching. Residents request their unit of preference via an internal match following a successful CaRMS match.
McMaster Family Practice (MFP) and Stonechurch Family Health Centre (SFHC) are large academic units with a depth of resources. Residents in these settings will experience multidisciplinary team-based care, dedicated supervision, and formal teaching sessions on site. Both units use our unique electronic medical record system, OSCAR, which is an open source web-based electronic patient record system for delivery of evidence-based resources at point of care.
The Community-Based Residency Teaching (CBRT) Unit will appeal to those who prefer a community practice, and a one-to-one preceptor model. CBRT practices are located in and around the Hamilton region (30 minute driving radius).
All Hamilton residents, regardless of teaching unit, come together weekly for InQuiry, Academic Half Day (AHD) and Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences (MHBS) at the David Braley Health Sciences Centre (DBHSC).
- Diverse patient population from all walks of life
- Dynamic faculty with interests including HIV, global health, care of the elderly, shelter health, obstetrics and women’s health, art in medicine, information technology, palliative care, procedural skills, medical education
- Maternity Centre of Hamilton: A unique teaching site providing FM-centered obstetrical care
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine rotation
- Established McMaster tradition of adult education and innovation
- Family Health Team model of care in academic and community teaching practices
- Inter-professional team based care and education
- Clinical teaching opportunities with undergraduate medical students
- CMG CaRMS Positions: 31
- IMG CaRMS Positions: 8
Dr. Heather Waters
905-525-9140 ext. 28511