Lawrence Grierson PhD
Dr. Lawrence Grierson is Associate Professor of the Department of Family Medicine, Assistant Dean, Health Sciences Education Program and Scientist with the McMaster FHS Program for Education Research, Innovation & Theory (MERIT).
Dr. Grierson leads the McMaster Department of Family Medicine Medical Education Research Group, which examines issues relevant to family medicine education from a variety of theoretical perspectives and works to develop sustainable programs of research to address the questions associated with these issues. Dr. Grierson is also the Assistant Dean for McMaster University’s Health Sciences Education Graduate Program.
Lawrence also leads active independent research concerned with understanding the relationship between education practices and the principles of family medicine, simulation-based learning and the acquisition of clinical technical skills, and the ethical inter-institutional collation of training metrics for medical education research. He is a member of the Canadian Association of Medical Educators and the CFPC Section of Researchers.
Publications Toggle Publications
- Date of Publication:June 2018Volume:93Issue:6Pages:829–832
- Title:Date of Publication:November 2017Volume:5Issue:4Pages:E785-E790
- Title:Date of Publication:February 2018Volume:13Issue:1Pages:3-10
- Title:Date of Publication:April 2018Volume:52Issue:4Pages:364-375
- Date of Publication:August 2017Volume:51Issue:11Pages:1164–1165
- Title:Date of Publication:May 2017Volume:176Pages:71–77
- Date of Publication:February 2017Volume:22Issue:5Pages:1201-1211
- Date of Publication:January 2017Volume:72Pages:95–110
- Date of Publication:November 2015Volume:61Issue:11Pages:e524–e531
- Title:Date of Publication:May 2014Volume:19Issue:2Pages:281–289