Meredith Vanstone PhD
Meredith is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Family Medicine, Scientist in McMaster’s program for Educational Research, Innovation and Theory (MERIT), and member of the Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis. Meredith is an interdisciplinary researcher who uses qualitative approaches to examine social and ethical issues related to health professional practice, education and health policy. She is particularly interested in research related to reproduction, women’s health, and marginalized patient populations.
Meredith has a PhD in Health Professional Education from Western University, and has completed postdoctoral studies in Health Policy at McMaster University. She has provided social and ethics evidence and consulting to provincial, national, and international health policy decision-makers.
Meredith supervises graduate students with relevant research interests in the following McMaster graduate programs: Health Policy (PhD), Health Research Methodology (MSc, PhD), Health Science Education (MHSEd).
Grants Toggle Grants
- Project:Agency:Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada; Medical Education Research GrantYear(s):September 2018 - August 2020Grant Amount:$47,530
- Agency:Canadian College of Family PhysiciansYear(s):July 2018–June2019Grant Amount:$99,996
- Project:Agency:AGE-WELL-MIRA Catalyst ProgramYear(s):May 2018–April 2019Grant Amount:$50,000
- Agency:Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Health System Research FundYear(s):2017–2021Grant Amount:$2,087,999
- Project:Agency:Michael G DeGroote School of Medicine Undergraduate MD programYear(s):2016 - 2018Grant Amount:$10,000
- Project:Agency:Michael G DeGroote Health Leadership AcademyYear(s):2016 - 2018Grant Amount:$20,000
- Agency:Wooster Family Grant in Medical EducationYear(s):April 2017 to June 2018Grant Amount:$9,809
- Project:Agency:Association of Ontario Midwives Established Career AwardYear(s):March 2017 to March 2018Grant Amount:$40,000
Publications Toggle Publications
- Title:Date of Publication:July 2018Pages:1-17
- Title:Date of Publication:April 2018Volume:9Issue:2Pages:99–111
- Title:Date of Publication:April 2018Volume:19Issue:1Pages:27
- Title:Date of Publication:December 2017Volume:195Pages:97-104
- Title:Date of Publication:May 2017
- Date of Publication:November 24, 2016 Epub ahead of print
- Title:Date of Publication:September 2017Volume:13Issue:3Pages:217–235
- Title:Date of Publication:October 2017
- Title:Date of Publication:August 2015Volume:25Issue:8Pages:1069–1084